Gazprom Neft makes an important contribution to the development of those regions where it operates, as an investor, a supplier of high-quality petroleum products, a customer for Russian-made high-technology products that replace imported analogues, and an initiator and participant of environmental activities.
The principles governing interactions between Gazprom Neft and local communities are set out in the following documents:
- The Regional Policy Concept;
- The Policy on Interactions with Indigenous Northern, Siberian and Far Eastern Minorities;
- The Charity Policy.
For Gazprom Neft, social policy, which is aimed at supporting the development of those regions in which the company operates, is an integral tool for achieving sustainable development goals. When interacting with local communities, the company seeks to make a step change in the way social and economic issues are addressed. The Gazprom Neft efforts in this area are focused on:
- Ensuring environmental safety, and minimising environmental impacts;
- Cooperating with the governments of the federal subjects of Russia and municipal administrations to promote the sustainable development of the regions and improve the standard of living;
- Creating a competitive environment on regional labour markets;
- Creating a favourable financial, economic and legal environment for the company operations;
- Expanding cooperation with stakeholders and ensuring information transparency.
In 2019, Gazprom Neft continued to expand its cooperation with the governments of the federal subjects of Russia and municipal administrations. The company conducted an annual audit of relations with regional governments, and reached a mutual understanding on outstanding issues, with the regional governments agreeing to assist Gazprom Neft in addressing these issues. The company concluded 18 social and economic cooperation agreements with the federal subjects of Russia and municipalities.
Gazprom Neft operates in areas where indigenous minorities live, in the Khanty-Mansi and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrugs. The company respects the rights of indigenous minorities, supports local communities, promotes their integration into the modern social and economic landscape, and at the same time takes steps to preserve their traditional culture and way of life.